SMB mount points

edscott wilson garcia edscott at xfce.org
Tue Dec 30 15:19:01 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 04:56, Alexandre Aractingi wrote:

> I think I misunderstood your answer. Did you mean there's no default
> mount point, and each time I want to copy a file from an SMB share
> xfsamba issues a new smbclient / get command?

Indeed, although if you copy multiple files it only issues a single
instruction.

You can mount remote SMB shares using xffstab. For that you have to
place the remote smb share and mount point in /etc/fstab. If you look
through the archive you will find someone once pointed out what options
were needed.

Edscott