About the Mail Check thing and evolution

Alexandre Aractingi aaractingi at libertysurf.fr
Tue Dec 30 11:07:20 CET 2003

Le mar 30/12/2003 à 03:41, john-thomas richards a écrit :
> perhaps you could use fetchmail to get your mail and put it in
> /var/spool/mail/ted and have the mail checker check this.  then, upon
> opening evolution, you could have your mail filtered by evolution.

Hi Ted, Hi John-Thomas,

I also use Evo with XFce4 and wasn't able to be notified when a new mail
arrived from a POP nor an IMAP account. From what I see only
/var/spool/mail/alex is able to correctly report new mails.

So I use GKrellM to check Evo's mbox, which allows me to specify
multiple mbox files and prints how many new mails I have in each of them
when I move my mouse cursor upon it.
[wouldn't it be nice if this feature was integrated to the XFce4's mail
checker ? :-)))]

--
Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi at libertysurf.fr>