root-tail and xfdesktop?

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Mon Dec 29 19:47:32 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 10:43, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Op ma 29-12-2003, om 18:29 schreef The Matt:
> > I just decided to try out root-tail and found it doesn't work.  Is this
> > because of some setting I need, or is it related to the xfdesktop root
> > window business (e.g., xsnow, &c. not working).
>
> The latter I'm afraid. I tried to get root-tail to write to the
> xfdesktop window instead of the X root, but couldn't get it to work.

Yeah, I figured that out after I decided to search "root-tail xfce4".
Sorry.  Of course, that search did lead to this page:

http://www.tobert.org/unix/

where he uses xpenguins code to get root-tail to work in Nautilus and
KDE.  But, since xpenguins doesn't work with xfdesktop, I'm doubting
it's code would be useful with root-tail.

Thanks,
Matt

--
I am a theoretical chemist.  Fear me!