how start xfce with startx

Sat Dec 27 15:03:47 CET 2003

Hi *,

I still use xfce 4.0.0 from Debian Unstable. Since nothing from
~/Desktop/Autostart is executed I tried to write the apps in .xinitrc
that I copied it from /etc/X11/gdm/Xfce:

/usr/bin/xfce-mcs-manager
/usr/bin/xfwm4 --daemon
/usr/bin/xftaskbar4 &
/usr/bin/xfdesktop &
exec /usr/bin/xfce4-panel
#exec /usr/bin/xfce4-iconbox
#exec /usr/bin/gaim
#exec /usr/bin/sylpheed-claws

But if I uncomment "#exec /usr/bin/xfce4-iconbox", the iconbox is not
executed. The same for gaim or sylpheed-claws and there are no errors in
.xsession-errors.
If I comment"exec/usr/bin/xfce4-panel", I get a lot of errors.

Do you know the solution?

Martin
--
http://www.bretschneidernet.de        OpenPGP-key: 0x4EA52583
        (o_.'  (0_                        Sallust: