KDE starts instead of XFCE4

Darrell Cormier linuxdev at sptc.net
Tue Dec 23 23:49:37 CET 2003

I just did an apt-get dist-upgrade.  In this upgrade the xfce4 packages
were upgraded to 4.0.2. Now, however, when I select Xfce4 from the
session menu in KDM, KDE is loaded instead.  I have tried deleting this
entry in the KDE control center (kcontrol) and recreating it but it
still loads KDE.
Has anyone seen anything similar and know how to fix this issue? I can
start in runlevel 3 and run startxfce4 and it works fine but I would
like to get it working again from the KDM in runlevel 5 (for my wife's
sake).

SuSE 8.2 Pro
KDE 3.1.4
Xfce4 4.0.2