Icons instead of taskbar possible?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Dec 20 19:52:25 CET 2003

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, Chris Green wrote:

> Can I turn the taskbar off completely and have icons instead?

  Yup.

> After my recent upgrade from 3.x.x to 4.0.1 I find that the taskbar is
> just an irritation.

  You're not the Lone Ranger here.

> I see there's something called "Lil'Star Iconbox" but when I minimise
> applications they just seem to go to the taskbar, I'd much prefer them to
> go to the Iconbox.

  Silly name, but it works when turned on.

  In ~/.xfce4/initrc (I _think_ that's the file), uncomment the line with
iconbox& and comment the line with taskbar&. Exit X, startx, and enjoy.

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)