CD writing tools

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Fri Dec 19 15:56:58 CET 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 04:35, Sergey Manucharyan wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> What kinds of front-ends for CD writing tools
> do you guys use?
> I like K3B and use it for a long time, but it needs KDE.
> Now, liking to completely switch to XFCE, I need
> good software with a possibility for "fine adjusting"
> most the options of cdrtools and cdrdao.

I keep things simple. But I do not do fancy recording, just burn iso CD
images downloaded off the net, or save files to CD as it were a floppy.
For such operations,

1- Move or copy whatever to be written to CD to a directory.
2- Select directory and choose from popup menu "Open->create isofs"
3- Select the created isofs and choose from popup menu "Open->burncd" on
FreeBSD or "Open->cdrecord" on Linux (burncd or cdrecord should be
installed previously).
4- Delete the created isofs when the messages in the diagnostics window
indicate that the cd record process has completed.

The gtk timings are better tuned in CVS HEAD, so xffm does not appear
clumsy while recording.