transparent menus?

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Tue Dec 16 21:07:49 CET 2003

Op di 16-12-2003, om 20:51 schreef John Pettigrew:
> In a previous message, Ralph Alvy <ralvy at warpmail.net> wrote:
>
> > I know I can attach a menu to an icon that runs an applicaiton. I'd just
> > prefer to be able to have an icon call a menu instead of just an
> > application.
>
> Totally agreed. My one big gripe with the XFce panel for usability is the
> tiny buttons assigned to sub-panels/menus. Having a Drawer button type
> wouldn't be adding anything in terms of actual features (we already have
> popup menus from the panel) but would make the features that are already
> there easier to use.

Perhaps someday someone will write that. Perhaps I will...

For now, the menu should pop up if you hold the launcher button down a
short while. It's not the same, but perhaps it helps a little.

	Jasper

PS
There will be no transparent menu support in xfce before X supports it.

PPS
Transparent menus are useless. They reduce readability.