transparent menus?

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Tue Dec 16 20:03:31 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 11:54, Moritz Heiber wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:49:40 -0800 (PST)
> Jonathan Gardner <bohemian72 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > Heh, careful what you say around here. Not EVERYBODY
> > loves the eye-candy. I think it's a nifty effect and
> > my computer can certainly handle special effects, but
> > many people use Xfce because it's lean and mean more
> > than pretty. Mind you Xfce4 is far prettier than
> > Xfce3.
> > Declaring that "everyone loves the eye-candy" is a
> > good way to get yourself flamed though.
>
> Hey, somebody understood it. ;-)
>
> I won't be flaming now but I really can't stand any kind of wicked
> transperancy or anything else as useless as that. We'd better focus on
> other things than that.

Now, now.  Some of us *love* the eye candy.  Of course, I also *love*
lean and fast (since my boxes aren't the greatest).  So, all we need is
lean, fast eye candy.

I'd love true transparency, but that's an X problem, right?  I mean, I
gave up on transparency in my GNOME days because it was just the
background image with some black added.  Right now, I just keep trying
out gdesklets.  They're eye candy enough for me...they just suck up way
too much resources.

Matt

--
I am a theoretical chemist.  Fear me!