Quitting does not read .bash_logout?

Todd Slater dontodd at columbus.rr.com
Thu Dec 11 21:11:48 CET 2003

Hi,

I can't seem to figure this one out on my own. I run startxfce4 if I
log in on tty1 (in ~/.bash_profile). I want to remove some files
automatically on log out (not on log in) so I add the commands to
~/.bash_logout. However, when I quit XFce4, I get returned to a log in
prompt and ~/.bash_logout never gets read. I have confirmed that
~/.bash_logout works if I log in/out over ssh.

What happens when I quit XFce4? Is there a way to configure this?

Thanks,
Todd

--
Name that tune #8: I walked down there and ended up in one of them coffee
houses on the block, I'd get on the stage and sing and play, the man there