Trying to use Kstart and not getting the right desktop

Geoffrey Spurgeon makyver at makyver.net
Wed Dec 10 18:33:01 CET 2003

So I used the script from a previous post of someones and when it starts
the programs they end up on different screens than what I put in the
script ... yet if I run Kstart from a term it works just fine ... I
tried messing with where in my local users .xinitrc file stuff from
Desktop/Autostart was run. I even put it as the second to last thing
right before the xsetroot -solid black  ... I've moved it all over the
place and still the same results ... anyone tell me why and what to do
where ...

thanks
Geoffrey