Disabled desktop-menue?

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Sat Dec 6 14:45:23 CET 2003

On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 03:31, Thomas Schoenhoff wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I on my way to explore the new features of my shiny new XFCE4 box and still
> couldn't figure out one issue.
>
> If clicking the right mouse button on the XFCE desktop a menue pops up,
> containing these starters:
>
> -excute programs
> -terminal
> -xffm
> -Mozilla
> -preferences
> -help
>
> Above all there is a entry called 'desktop menue' which seems to be some
> kind of disabled, that is you see the entry but can't activate anything
> with it?
>
> What is this entry for? Why is this disabled by default? What  does this
> for me?
>

> BTW: My first impression is that XFCE4 is going to be much more
> complicated than XFCE3 filled with some oddities like 'drag and drop' by
> using xffm.
>
> When I first copied files in xffm I was stunned to see that moving a
> file from directory A to directory B resulted in having all files of A
> copied the target directory too?

When you move files, and will be overwritting, xffm will query for
option:
1.overwrite- normal behaviour
2.wastebasket- move files to be overwritten to wastebasket (so they
won't be lost)
3.cancel

Also, move is shift-drag, copy is contrl-drag, and drag without modifyer
can be copy or move according to whether "options->copy on drag"
(shift+cntl+C) is set in the main menu.