Which version is installed?

Remco Lubbers rpl at concepts.nl
Sat Dec 6 11:55:42 CET 2003

Op Fri, 5 Dec 2003 06:17:33 -0800 (PST) schreef Rich Shepard aan Remco Lubbers
<rpl at concepts.nl>:

>  > >    That works, Remco ... as long as the command line is in a virtual terminal
>  > >  and not on a console. :-)
>  >
>  > which seems rather obvious to me, since XFce is a WindowManager :-))

>  But some of us -- including me -- log in on a console and work there
>  rather than invoking X all the time. On the laptop I'll run emacs or pine
>  without bothering with X at all. So, when you write "command line", and
>  that's what I'm looking at, that's where I try it.

I was just pulling your leg Rich, no offence :-)

>    "xfce4-about" could be an executable that prints the version number and
>  not necessarily the GUI presentation that it is.

Ok, so here's one that gives you a version number in a console as well:

[remco at mars remco]$ xfce4-panel -v
xfce4-panel, version 4.0.1
Part of the XFce Desktop Environment
http://www.xfce.org

Cheers!

Remco

--
Remco P. Lubbers (rpl at concepts.nl)

| Linux kernel 2.4.22 | Mandrake 9.1 | XFce 4.0.1 | Pronto! 2.4.0 |