using two monitors with XFce4

Remco Lubbers rpl at concepts.nl
Sat Dec 6 11:51:42 CET 2003

Op Sat, 06 Dec 2003 11:37:41 +0100 schreef Olivier Fourdan aan xfce list
<xfce at xfce.org>:

>  All in all, I still wonder why not using Xinerama, after all. But that's
>  another story.

Because not all software will run properly in Xinerama mode. I can't get
OpenOffice.org 1.1 to work properly in Xinerama mode, keeps crashing, so is
Opera. It's not XFce, because same thing happens in other wm's and dm's. I've
tried just about everything (drivers, settings, XFree-config, fonts), but it
just won't work. It's either a Matrox-related thing or a softwarething
(OpenOffice problem).

I found some other people having this problem on various lists, but no
solutions so far. So I can think of situations in which people might prefer not
to run in Xinerama mode....

Cheers,

Remco

--
Remco P. Lubbers (rpl at concepts.nl)

| Linux kernel 2.4.22 | Mandrake 9.1 | XFce 4.0.1 | Pronto! 2.4.0 |