Disabled desktop-menue?

Thomas Schoenhoff tom_woody at web.de
Sat Dec 6 10:30:45 CET 2003

Hello,

I on my way to explore the new features of my shiny new XFCE4 box and still
couldn't figure out one issue.

If clicking the right mouse button on the XFCE desktop a menue pops up,
containing these starters:

-excute programs
-terminal
-xffm
-Mozilla
-preferences
-help

Above all there is a entry called 'desktop menue' which seems to be some
kind of disabled, that is you see the entry but can't activate anything
with it?

What is this entry for? Why is this disabled by default? What  does this
for me?

BTW: My first impression is that XFCE4 is going to be much more
complicated than XFCE3 filled with some oddities like 'drag and drop' by
using xffm.

When I first copied files in xffm I was stunned to see that moving a
file from directory A to directory B resulted in having all files of A
copied the target directory too?

Hmm, found out that copy and paste will do the job I wanted to do! (That
is a very steep learning curve, but anyway XFCE4 is worth to do that!)

greetings

Thomas