launch find dialog without xffm

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Sat Dec 6 02:03:47 CET 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 10:13, Ben Hall wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to invoke xffm's find dialog directly from the command
> line?  I'm trying to add a menu item for Find Files.

Yea, no problem. Just invoke it with "xfglob4" instead of xffm.

> Actually, ideally I'd not only like to invoke the find dialog, I'd also
> like it to use Rox instead of xffm.  Please don't get me wrong, I like
> xffm and use it daily.  However, I'm setting this up for lab use, and
> xffm's interface is a little less intuitive than rox's.

Since that is a matter of opinion, there is absolutely no reason
arguing.

You should not have any problem using the find part of xffm with rox.
Just make sure that the "monitor local files" is off so that the local
files folder does not magically appear. You should be able to drag and
drop the results to rox.

Another way to have only the find results (invoking xffm) is by using
the xfce-mcs-manager to hide everything else. The mcs manager will
remember the configuration you select.