mouse wheel wrong direction?

John Pettigrew john at pettigrew.org.uk
Fri Dec 5 20:52:38 CET 2003

In a previous message, "Kurt V. Hindenburg" <khindenburg at cherrynebula.net>
wrote:

> When I move my mouse wheel up, it goes down a workspace ( 1->4, 2->1,
> etc).  And likewise the opposite is true.  This seems backwards to me.

Does the mouse scroll correctly in other apps, or is it only xfce that shows
this inversion? If it's just xfce, how have you mapped the wheel to
workspace swapping?

If it's wrong in all apps, check your XF86Config file - there's a line there
something like this:

  Option       "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

Try swapping the numbers over in your setup to see whether this helps (it
swaps the button numbers mapped to "up" and "down" so should reverse their
effect).

John
--
John Pettigrew                         Headstrong Games
john at headstrong-games.co.uk            Fun : Strategy : Price