Running -4.0.1 on IBM ThinkPad 600E

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Dec 2 03:08:50 CET 2003

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Joost Kremers wrote:

> in such cases, the first place to check on a slackware system is
> MANIFEST.bz2 on your slackware cd. it contains a list of all files in all
> packages. searching this file for libutempter gives package
> utempter-0.5.2-i486-2.tgz in series l.

  Thank you, Joost. I'm just moving to Slackware after six years with Red
Hat so there's still much to learn. Interesting that the file was not
installed, but I'll go ahead and put it there.

> btw, it's libutempter.so.0, not libutempter.so.O.

  I wasn't sure whether it was a zero or oh; each display shows them
differently.

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President