User-initiated shutdown

Mark Welker welker at kmbs.com
Sat Apr 5 17:38:07 CEST 2003

Hi,

With Slackware 9.0
Edit /etc/inittab and change the run level from 3 to 4.

GDM in Slack 9.0 does not look like it does what you want any more.
But, KDM does.
So edit /etc/rc.d/rc.4
Comment out the GDM stuff and KDM should do what you want.

If you need more help with Slackware go to.
http://www.linuxpackages.net
They have a forum. Ask your questions there.