Bluecurve (was: Re: [PLUG] Red Hat version 8.0 due out Monday (9/30) (fwd))

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sat Sep 28 01:12:50 CEST 2002

On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 18:52, gardnerj at provide.net wrote:

> > 	A. Will you port it to XFce3?
> >
> > 	B. Why not release it?
>
> Was wondering about B myself. I mean, leave it up to the
> user to decide if it's pretty or ugly; usable or
> distracting.

	I've seen the screen shots of Bluecurve and it does look very MS'ish.
Now, this is not something _I_ like but one of the things that I just
couldn't understand about both GNOME and KDE is they they try real hard
to look and feel like the Win9X interface yet don't go all the way.  If
they were going to be Windows-like they should have gone ahead and done
it.  Not that they should be _only_ Win9X...  Bluecurve is kind of like
the stellar+notif+mofit combination that lets XFce look and feel like
CDE.  We all know that XFce is far more than just a CDE clone but it is
good that it can seem very close to CDE.  There's nothing wrong with
Bluecurve as long as one can still run GNOME and KDE also.

--
Paradice; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.