CDE appearence

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Mon Sep 16 01:53:44 CEST 2002

On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 18:55, Luca Zago wrote:

> I download xfce to have a light window manager, with support for gtk,
> but even beacause
> I am a nostalgic of CDE appearence..but I couldn't reproduce perfectly
> that enviroment..
> in xfce home page..there is a nice cde like screenshot..
> someone can help me? are there themes somewhere? what have I to
> configure for example to change the menu panel in a cde-style?
> thank you in advance for the help.

	I run in as close a CDE mode as I can.  First, in Setup -> Palette
choose "notif" or "notif2" for the theme.  Then load either the
"Stellar" or "Stellar2" palette.  Then go to Setup -> Windows and select
"Mofit for the "Window border style".  I like the focus follows mouse
and auto raise but that's up to you if you want to set it.  Just for
grins you can also select "XfceStellar" for the background image.

	Hope that helps.

--
Attention all planets of the Solar Federation.
We have assumed control.