root window completely messed up

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 16 00:00:38 CEST 2002

On Sun, 15 Sep 2002, Chris Scheller wrote:

> sounds like video card going out, but for kicks have you tried running any
> other windowmanagers? add a test user then login with gnome or kde or
> anything, just to see if the same problem exists.

Chris,

  It's not the video card, it's xfce.

  If I invoke, 'xsetroot -solid <color>', the root window turns that solid
color. Then, as soon as I invoke, 'xfbd', back comes the messed up pattern.

  What I think needs to be done is to force a re-installation of
xfce-3.8.18-1. So, that's what I'll do.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)