pop-up window handling

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Tue Sep 10 18:50:20 CEST 2002

I would add that, according to Metacity documentation, some Java apps
set transient_for even on popup menus, making those practically unusable
when centered in parent window.

So, yes, this could be done in the window manager, but not necessarily
suitable for all apps.

The best would be that the application itself centers its dialogs (like
some gnome apps do)

Cheers,
Olivier.