Two questions

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Mon Sep 9 18:32:48 CEST 2002

On Mon, 2002-09-09 at 05:57, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Net Llama! wrote:
>
> > This is occuring, because you're trying to apply changes to the global
> > mozilla themes collection.  If you want to install user specific themes,
> > then you'll need to download the theme to your disk, and install it
> > manually.
>
>   You've lost me. Following this procedure as a user makes global changes,
> but doing it as root doesn't? I'm still puzzled.

when you use the Mozilla install-a-theme doohickey, it tries to write
the theme into /usr/lib/mozilla/chrome, where your user account has no
write access. Alternatively, you could manually insert the theme into
~/.mozilla/[USERNAME]/[PROFILECODE]/chrome.

You'd think Mozilla would try the user directory if the /usr/lib/
directory failed, but... I believe we all know the standard answer to
that one :-)

--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...