locating loadable modules

Heiko Berges hb-mlist+xfce at k6.bsls.de
Thu Sep 5 21:24:49 CEST 2002

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 12:43:32PM -0500, edscott wilson garcia wrote:

> When I make a local install of xfce, I get an annoying warning:
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path:
> "libxfce.so"

               ^
I get a comma here...

> I've got the module in a local directory (/home/edscott/local/lib).
> Is there an easy way to tell gtk where to look for the loadable module
> if I do not have root priviledges?

As far as I can see not without patching either gtk, where the path
is hardcoded, or xfwm, which overwrites .gtkrc everytime you change
your settings.

The gtkrc parser itself understands a line:

        modulepath "/home/edscott/local/lib" .

An easier way is to place a link in $HOME/.gtk/lib/themes/engines,
which is also hardcoded in gtk.

    Heiko