still having Zombie problems

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Wed Sep 4 00:01:13 CEST 2002

On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 11:56, Chuck Mead wrote:

> On 1 Sep 2002, Jack Coates posted the following:
>
> JC>./configure && make rpm
> JC>
> JC>bombs out in the RPM stage with this:
> JC>config.status: creating xfdiff/icons/Makefile
> JC>config.status: error: cannot find input file: xfdiff/icons/Makefile.in
> JC>error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.21172 (%build)
> JC>
> JC>Clearly this system has reached Cruft Force 5... I think at this point
> JC>my big questions are to reinstall with MDK 8.2, 9.0rc3, RH7.3, or Gentoo
> JC>1.2.
>
> Or you could jump beyond the bleeding edge and install Lunar Linux 1.0
> Beta.

If it was just a desktop, I'd do anything, but it also runs Zope sites,
dns, and mail for four domains, some of which are kind of important to
me :-)

Oddly enough, I gave Gentoo 1.2 a swing and couldn't successfully
compile gcc. Chuck, you may remember when I was having trouble getting
Sorceror to compile XFree86? Well, this is the same computer. Methinks
there's some RAM issue that memtest86 can't pick up...

So, back on MDK 8.2 and avoiding cooker RPMs now :-)
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...