xfsamba doesn't like me

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Tue Sep 3 18:56:40 CEST 2002

On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 02:20, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> > 	I'm afraid that my brain is toast today 'cause I didn't understand what
> > you just wrote.  I'm sure it's quite comprehensible for everyone else
> > but I have been stuck inside with a 5 year old ("Dad, I'm so bored!")
> > for two days due to rain.  I don't think I could compile Hello World.
>
> Short version: remove /tmp/xfsamba, then try again.

	I did that and it still complained.  :-(

> PS
> gcc -o hello hello.c

	Heh.  Ok, ready for something scary?

IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.
 PROGRAM-ID.  HELLO.
 AUTHOR.  JOE KLEMMER.
ENVIRONMENT DIVISION.
 CONFIGURATION SECTION.
DATA DIVISION.
 WORKING-STORAGE SECTION.
  01  OUT-REC.
      05  WS-HELLO		PIC X(5).
      05  FILLER		PIC X.
      05  WS-WORLD		PIC X(5).
PROCEDURE DIVISION.
0000-MAIN.
 MOVE "HELLO" 	TO WS-HELLO
 MOVE "WORLD"	TO WS-WORLD
 DISPLAY OUT-REC
 STOP RUN.

I then use the fantastic development tool "Kobol" to compile and make
it.  Be afraid.  Be very afraid.  ;-)

--
Attention all planets of the Solar Federation.
We have assumed control.