xfsamba doesn't like me

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Tue Sep 3 02:34:44 CEST 2002

On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 14:28, edscott wilson garcia wrote:

> > 	It's the stock 2.4.18-10 kernel from the RH updates.  I'll see about
> > rebuilding it to make sure.
>
> Personally I've never gotten the kernels from the RH updates to work
> properly. I guess that's why I build vanilla kernels.

	I've had better luck.  I am just a tad not thrilled with the
uber-patching they do but they work so I don't muck with it.

> > I just re-re-rebuilt XFce 3.8.18 from CVS today, if that helps.  Where
> > else could I look to see what might be causing this?
>
> I think this might be a bug:
>   xfsamba uses /tmp/xfsamba to create temporary directories for smb
> mounts. On exiting the directory must be deleted. If by any chance you
> created the directories as user_1, then user_2 would not be able to
> mount because /tmp/xfsamba belongs to user_1. You might have created the
> directory as root and it's still there. This would make xfsamba mounts
> fail (unless you specify an alternate mount point).

	I'm afraid that my brain is toast today 'cause I didn't understand what
you just wrote.  I'm sure it's quite comprehensible for everyone else
but I have been stuck inside with a 5 year old ("Dad, I'm so bored!")
for two days due to rain.  I don't think I could compile Hello World.

--
Attention all planets of the Solar Federation.
We have assumed control.