deleting files

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Mon Sep 2 15:07:49 CEST 2002

On Sun, 2002-09-01 at 12:59, Mattias Thuresson wrote:
> >This is policy for speed and disk space established a while ago. (It may
> >need to be updated). The rules are that a "hard delete" with happen
> >(with a double confirmation) on the following:
> >
> >  1- Folders
> >  2- files over 1 MB
> >  3- files which reside on other file systems
>
> Perhaps it would be better if the user could have full control
> of the rules, with a check box or something. I see no reason
> why folders should be irrevocably deleted instead of moved to the trashcan,
> and the 1MB limit may be a bit too low now when many people have
> hard drives > 20 GB.

Sounds logical. I believe the configure option will be added to xftree2.
In the meantime, when you get the "hard delete" warning, select cancel.
Then open the trash bin by clicking on the icon or "ctrl-o". Then just
do a DnD to move whatever you want moved to the trash. A little
complicated, but it's a possibility.

Edscott