make rpm? (was Re: still having Zombie problems)

Patrick Wiseman pwiseman at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 1 21:26:23 CEST 2002

On Sun, 1 Sep 2002, Landy Roman wrote:

> On 01 Sep 2002 12:41:56 -0400
> Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2002-09-01 at 12:24, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> >
> > > A simple "./configure && make rpm" from the source tree and
> > > then installing the generated rpm would have done the job.
> >
> > 	So that means I could just get the source and run -
> >
> > ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-old-style && make rpm
> >
> > and I'll have the i386.rpm file?  Wow, you learn something new
> > every day.  ;-)
>
> if it's that easy i am going to try right now

I think I must have missed something earlier in this thread, because when
I try 'make rpm' on the xfce-stable source from CVS, I get 'make: *** No
rule to make target `rpm'.  Stop.'

I was so looking forward to making an rpm and then using alien to convert
it to a deb file!

Patrick

Patrick Wiseman                               pwiseman at mindspring.com
Linux user #17943                             *Google First, Ask Later*
      With 28 left to play, and up 17 in the loss column,
                the Braves' Magic Number is 12!