still having Zombie problems

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Sun Sep 1 17:10:04 CEST 2002

downloaded xfce-stable and compiled it without incident, only to
discover that Mandrake's mess of sessions, display managers, and
configuration files that source other configuration files make it quite
difficult to manually add another session. xfce would start up fine from
within ICEwm or KDE, but not from GDM. Of course, it has only ever
exhibited the zombie behavior when launched from a session. So I edited
xfce.spec (--disable-taskbar && --enable-xft as usual) and moved files
around to make an RPM.

This didn't fix the session problem as choosing XFce now just makes X
crash.

I should also note that when XFce is run from within another WM the
freaking taskbar is still there.

Short of nuking it from orbit and starting over, I'm at a loss.

Jack