xfce4: my first test

David Ferch dferch at gmx.net
Sun Oct 27 16:38:12 CET 2002

Hello,

I've downloaded xfce4 from cvs this afternoon. I want give it a dry on my
Blade 100 with Solaris 8 (gcc 3.2). But some stuff won't compile:

1. xfce-devel/xfce4

- symbol error on linking xfce4 because of setenv()
- I added the following on panel/xfce_support.c:

#include <setenv.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

- and created setenv.h:

#include <assert.h>
#include <malloc.h>

int setenv(const char *name, const char *value, int overwrite) {
  char *buffer= 0;

  assert(overwrite==1);
  buffer=malloc(strlen(name)+strlen(value)+2);

  sprintf(buffer,"%s=%s",name,value);
  return putenv(buffer);
}

- maybe you can replace setenv() with putenv() ?

2. xfce-devel/xfdeskmenu

popup.c: In function `build_theme_menu':
popup.c:231: `alphasort' undeclared (first use in this function)
popup.c:231: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
popup.c:231: for each function it appears in.)
gmake[2]: *** [xfdeskmenu-popup.o] Error 1

I don't know how to solve the problem on xfdeskmenu, because I couldn't
find something about alphasort().

cu
David

--
Microsoft is not the Borg collective:
   The Borg collective has proper networking.