XFCE4 themes?

Jonathan Gardner gardnerj at provide.net
Tue Oct 15 00:52:46 CEST 2002

On Monday, the 14th day of October, in the year of our Lord 2002, at 03:58
PM
the esteemed person of letters, Net Llama! quoth:

NL> This is prolly a really obvious thing, but i can't figure out for the
NL> life of me how to set themes in XFCE4.  Is this in a FAQ somewhere?

This isn't actually as obvious as you might think. Of course it depends on
which theme you mean. You can change default icons from the configure
dialogue by pressing the paint pallet icon or whatever it looks like
under the different themes. If you mean the base color and fonts of the
apps and menu lists, one way I've found that works is to open xfce3 and
change the theme  there.  What's more exciting is  the themes that xfwm4
can do. Xfwm4 can look like CDE, the various xfwm3 themes, OSX, Win XP,
the microgui, the list is extensive. My favorites are retro and r9x. These
can be changed by manually editing the ~/.xfwm4rc file or with xfdeskmenu.

Cheers,
Jonathan