minimizing apps in XFCE4

Jonathan Gardner gardnerj at provide.net
Tue Oct 15 00:43:03 CEST 2002

On Monday, the 14th day of October, in the year of our Lord 2002, at 04:02
PM
the esteemed person of letters, Net Llama! quoth:

NL> I really should save these up in 1 large email, my apologies...
NL>
NL> I'm using XFCE4, and whenever i minimize an app (i've tried Mozilla
NL> and an xterm) it disapears. There is no icon for it anywhere on the
NL> desktop that i can see.  This worked just fine in XFCE3.  So, i can't
NL> figure out any way of getting the app back, other than killing it and
NL> restarting it.

Several ways, well a couple of ways. One is IF you get xfdeskmenu working
there's a part of that that lists apps per desktop, both open and
minimized which you can bring back by selecting from that.  Another way is
by opening the GNOME panel which will display minimized apps. Another way,
although I have not tried it is to use ROX which apparently has a feature
that iconifies minimized apps. I believe there is work or at lest talk
being down about an xfce4 taskbar and perhaps a xfwm4 minimized app/icon
feature.

Jonathan