menus and windows with no borders (on debian)

Haim Ashkenazi haim at consonet.com
Wed Nov 27 22:28:04 CET 2002

Hi

I'm having 2 problems with xfce (one of them is directly related to
debian) and I was wondering if anyone have an answer to them:

        * In Debian there is the debian menu in xfce and it works just
          fine as long as I don't modity the system menu. when I've
          started to modify this menu (via update-menus) it does create
          the correct structure in '$HOME/.xfce/debian.menu' but xfce
          still reads the default '/etc/X11/xfce/debian.menu' and
          ignores my menu.
        * windows with NoBorder/NoTitle like gqmpeg, xmms, etc... can't
          be moved when minimized. I can select them, right-click them,
          but they don't move (that is, the icon).

Is there a solution for these problems?
I'm using woody with XFce 3.8.16 (the default).

btw, I've redirected the output into a log and there's no errors there.

Thanx
--
Haim