rebuilding xfce from .src.rpm

Spyros Tsiolis spytsi at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 21 19:44:01 CET 2002

Hello list,

It's been some time.

Lots of things happening :-)
Notably upgrading to Mandrake 9.0, only to find out that
my Hercules Kyro I (4000XT) wouldn't work properly.
Anyway. Took me months but I managed to make it work :-)

Now for XFCE; The question I am going to pose is pretty
much old news now, but I can't seem to find it in the
archives. Here goes :

I've got xfce-3.8.16-2mdk for Mandrake and I am trying to
rebuild it since the version that comes installed with
Mandrake :
a. Does not store changes on the desktop by the user and
b. Does not have the nice coloured buttons on the panel

(BTW, Olivier, maybe you would like to sort this out with
the mandrke people ?)

OK, so I've got this new version of xfce (not the latest,
but new enough :-) and I am trying to do a

# rpm --rebuild xfce-3.8.16-2mdk.src.rpm

However, I cannot recall how to invoke "--enable-old-style"
for the coloured buttons.

Does anyone remember ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated (can't wait to get to
my cosy Xfce GUI again :-)  After all those months !!)

Best Regards,

spyros

-----
"I merely function as a channel that filters music through
the chaos of noise"
- Vangelis