upgrade

Mark Welker welker at kmbs.com
Wed Nov 13 01:14:42 CET 2002

Hi,

I always get the source tarball.

The only problem you might have is how Mandrake does the configure.
I don't use Mandrake so, I can't help with that.
The problem may be if you do not use the right options you will
have xfce files of different versions in different places.

I use Slackware. I get the source and make a slack package so it
can be install on all of my boxes.
I checked where Slackware put the files for xfce before I ran configure.
That way when I use upgradepkg for Slackware I was really upgrading.

If you don't know how to find where xfce files are now on your box.
You can experiment, look, and learn.
Or get a Mandrake RPM of xfce for your version of Mandrake.