Migrating from KDE to Xfce

Jason Wong xfce at jason-wong.org
Tue Nov 12 22:02:56 CET 2002

On Wednesday 13 November 2002 03:36, Dick wrote:
> > If that's not possible, can anyone recommend a multi-terminal type
> > program like Konsole which works under Xfce?
> >

> > I would love to use Xfce instead of KDE as it starts up in about 5 secs
> > as opposed to about 90-120 secs for KDE!
> >
> > tia
>
> Multi-gnome-terminal is available and works under Xfce, but I don't know
> if it has the functionality you want.

Great, it seems to do everything I need. Just a couple of minor problems I've
noticed:

1) If I close the MGT window then the next time I start MGT it doesn't
remember the previous size and position of the window. However if I leave MGT
running when I close Xfce, next time I login using Xfce MGT does remember
size and position of its window.

2) But if I leave MGT running when I close Xfce, any changes to the tabs that
I have made to MGT does not get saved. Whereas if I explicity close MGT then
they do get saved, but then I lose the size and position of the window :)

thanks
--
Jason Wong