always on top and the main panel

Nick Merrett nmerrett at optushome.com.au
Thu May 30 16:24:16 CEST 2002

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Nick,
>
> The panel manages its layer by itself, so the "StayOnTop" has no effect.
>
> To acheive your goal, use the panel setup, go to "Xfce" tabfolder and
> increase the panel layer from the GUI.
>
> Cheers,
> Olivier.

i still havent managed gkrellm to be always on top,
panel is working fine though, i have been playing with
he pager geometry using *xfpager.geometry in the xfwmrc
file(s).

firstly which file should i be editing the local one in
~/.xfce or the one in /etc/X11/xfce.

Secondly I have the feeling that nethier of these files
are being checked at startu. Do i need to run some sort
of reconfiguration script that will check the files or
should i be editing another file alltogether or is
there something else

Thanks again
Nick