Server crash with xfce

Collins erichey2 at attbi.com
Mon May 27 19:13:04 CEST 2002

I just encountered a problem while running  xfce (first time ever)
that lead to an X server crash.

Here's the background.  I have a four desktop setup with numerous
windows active on each desktop (restarted at xfce start) including
sylpheed, xdaliclock, gkrellm, mozilla, and a couple of aterm windows.

At the time of failure I had in addition to these a pygtk window open
but idle, and I was testing a python function to parse parameters in
one of the aterm windows.

I don't know exactly what lead up to this, but the cursor changed to a
hollow cross, and I was unable to get a response to clicks anywhere
(panel, taskbar, or the aterm from which I was working.

I thought to change to another virtual console and kill the server,
but when I entered CTL-ALT-F3, the X server crashed with the following
info
pgetbl_ctl: 0x13b0001 pgetbl_err: 0xb038000
ipeir: 0 iphdr: 0
LP ring tail: 8 head: 0 len: 0 start 0
eir: 0 esr: 0 emr: 3d
instdone: ff7b instpm: 0
memmode: 5 instps: 0
hwstam: 9ac7 ier: 0 imr: 9ac7 iir: 0
space: 65520 wanted 65528

Fatal server error:
lockup

I'm using xfce 3.8.18 (plus taskbar extension from CVS) with X
4.2.0-r9 and gtk+1.2.10-r7.

Is this likely to be an xfce problem, or should I report the server
crash to xfree or gtk+?

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area - WWTLRD?
gentoo(since 01/01/01) 2.4.18+(ext3) xfce-sylpheed-mozilla