X positioning controls

Collins erichey2 at attbi.com
Mon May 27 16:45:48 CEST 2002

Is there a standard way to include something in an X rc file that will
prevent new windows from selecting a geometry that overlaps the bottom
area of the screen?  I keep the xfce panel at the bottom of the screen
in the top layer on all desktops.  Most of my windows are always
restarted in their prior geometry settings, but new windows (example:
an email composer window, or a new mozilla window whn I click on a url
in email) usually open with their bottom portion overlayed by the
panel, and I get tired of dragging them up.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area - WWTLRD?
gentoo(since 01/01/01) 2.4.18+(ext3) xfce-sylpheed-mozilla