xfce-3.8.18-1 bug? Maybe?

Philip Dean pdengineer at linuxmail.org
Wed May 22 20:09:14 CEST 2002

Sorry about the HTML.  I didn't realize it was on.  Below is a more readable version of the email.

I have enjoyed reading this list for a while now, and now get the pleasure of seeking help.  This is where I am:

System: MDK8.1, K6-2 550, 192MB RAM

Background:  I created a i586 RPM from the src.rpm on Edscott's CVS archive.  Everything went smoothly.  I uninstalled my previous tar install so I didn't have two versions setting around and went ahead and setup a new ~/.xfce dir.  (It doesn't take long for me to reconfigure) Started xfce (GDM) and everything is great!...?

Problem:  I use gnome-terminal with the options NoTitle and BorderWidth 0 in the xfwmrc file.  With 3.8.18-1 I can no longer use the ALT+LeftClick to move the window. (I can't live without this) As long as the BorderWidth is at least 1 it works, but not with no border at all.  Just a note this worked fine in 3.8.14c (I believe that was my last version).

Problem2:  NoTitle has no affect when given as an option for xfpager in the xfwmrc file.  BorderWidth, CirculateSkip, .... all seem to work fine, but I can't get ride of the border.

Other Comments:  I don't mind back tracking to an older version to solve these.  I just wanted to take a look at the task bar.  BTW, I like it!  And that is saying a lot as I am probably more anti-taskbar than Joe!  I have also not tried making a package from the strait CVS to see if these issues are still there.  If no other help is offered I will try this tonight.

Okay, any ideas here?  Thanks for the GREAT desktop!

Philip Dean