Debian menus

Kristian Rink afterimage at gmx.net
Sat May 18 09:47:45 CEST 2002

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 09:29:31AM +0200, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Well, I am quite stupid and I shouldn't answer e-mail after 11pm. Anyway
> this doesn't work without help from a packager to create a debian menu
> first.
>
> Sorry,
> 	Jasper
>
> On Fri, 17 May 2002 23:30:57 +0200

Hi there, Jasper et al,...

...at first, thanks for all your hints. :) Secondly, and after all: I
did an 'apt-get remove xfce' on my box, built and installed a current
cvs snapshot, and, with the 'old' xfce config files remaining on my
system, I see that the debian menus actually are there. :) For what I
have learned last nite, I am able to have a Debian menu for XFCE
generated using the /etc/menu-methods/xfce script. Neat thing, this
surely rocks. Thanks for your help, all! :)

Btw reading about sid in here: Still being pretty infamiliar with the
Debian version naming system, I surely could use some hints on what sort
of stuff is in sid (GTK2? KDE3, for my eye-candy-loving local users? a
current SaMBa version to, as a server, get along well with Ruindows xp
workstations?) If anyone can give me a hint on those things, please pm
me as this definitely way too off-topic for this list. *g*

Btw2: The taskbar is quite a nice thing. Though I never thought I'd
actually use it, it's indeed pretty helpful for keeping track of a dozen
of xfterm'ed bash sessions on my desktops. :]

Cheers, have a nice weekend everyone!
Kris

--
Savour what you feel and   { Kristian Rink
what you see - things that { irc:: irc.sorcery.net (kristian)