taskbar idea

Collins erichey2 at attbi.com
Fri May 17 17:01:29 CEST 2002

On Fri, 17 May 2002 07:51:15 -0700 (PDT) Jack Coates
<jack at monkeynoodle.org> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Not using the taskbar and don't feel a need for it (off by defaut
> please), but...
>
> I'm using a shell replacement on my Win2K box called GeoShell
> (www.geoshellx.com). It's pretty nice, and one of the nicest things
> in it is the task bar.
>
> Let's say that you open three Word documents in separate Windows,
> two Outlook windows, and a gvim window. Then Outlook pops up a
> reminder. Your taskbar will show four icons: one for Word, one for
> Outlook, one for gvim, and one for the reminder bell. Clicking gvim
> or the reminder will minimize or restore as expected. Clicking the
> Word icon will give you a popup menu with the three Word documents,
> plus options such as Minimize All, Maximize All, Z-Cascade,
> Horizontal Tile, Vertical Tile, and my personal favorite, Fade.
>
> Yes, Fade does make the window partially transparent, just like the
> various docks and bars in GeoShell. If anyone's interested, I'll
> mail some screenshots.

If you don't need the taskbar, don't use it.  It meets my needs
exactly, and it really simplifies multi-desktop navigation.  Except
for the present inability to open automatically, it's perfect from my
standpoint.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area - WWTLRD?
gentoo(since 01/01/01) 2.4.19+(ext3) xfce-sylpheed-mozilla