taskbar idea

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Fri May 17 16:51:15 CEST 2002

Hey,

Not using the taskbar and don't feel a need for it (off by defaut
please), but...

I'm using a shell replacement on my Win2K box called GeoShell
(www.geoshellx.com). It's pretty nice, and one of the nicest things in
it is the task bar.

Let's say that you open three Word documents in separate Windows, two
Outlook windows, and a gvim window. Then Outlook pops up a reminder.
Your taskbar will show four icons: one for Word, one for Outlook, one
for gvim, and one for the reminder bell. Clicking gvim or the reminder
will minimize or restore as expected. Clicking the Word icon will give
you a popup menu with the three Word documents, plus options such as
Minimize All, Maximize All, Z-Cascade, Horizontal Tile, Vertical Tile,
and my personal favorite, Fade.

Yes, Fade does make the window partially transparent, just like the
various docks and bars in GeoShell. If anyone's interested, I'll mail
some screenshots.

--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...