New rpm wipes out all settings

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri May 17 02:08:42 CEST 2002

  I'm rather upset about the upgrade from 3.8.16 to 3.8.18. I did this
because I wanted to try out the taskbar. I rebuilt the .src.rpm and then
freshened the existing installation. After this, I ran the script,
"xfce_upgrade" and I lost everything. Panel was reset, panel button labels
gone, all applications gone, popup menus gone. Everything. The upgrade
script reported that it moved all existing files to some backup directory,
but it does not exist.

  After the hassle I went through upgrading to 3.8.16, I don't need this.
I'm not at all a happy camper. The exact opposite, for that matter.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com