XFPager number of desktops [Was: Re: Who wants a taskbar in xfce ? Well, it's in the CVS !]

Jasper Huijsmans j.b.huijsmans at hetnet.nl
Thu May 16 19:41:20 CEST 2002

On Thu, 16 May 2002 11:30:47 -0400 (EDT)
Chuck Mead <csm at MoonGroup.com> wrote:
[...]
> version 3 JH>>JH>>releases! If there are I have a bug report to make!

> can ignore JH>>JH>bugs in xfce3. We probably will need to do some
> maintenance for a while. JH>>
> JH>>Well if that's the case I have an issue with the pager code and
> the JH>>number of desktops it shows if you're running xfwm -noxfce.
> JH>
> JH>Does it show too many or not enough?
> JH>
> JH>Was this always the case or only with the latest version(s) ? I
> never JH>looked at the xfpager code before, but it seems something
> about finding out JH>the number of desktops was changed in January.
> JH>
> JH>How do you start the pager?
>
> I am attaching my xfwmrc file... start xfwm -noxfce and have a look at
> what it does.

I don't know where xfwm is suposed to get its information from regarding
the number of desktops, but your problem is quite easily solved by
calling xfpager with the desired number of desktops as the argument:

AddToFunc "InitFunction"
+ "I" Module xfpager 10

greetings,
Jasper