Who wants a taskbar in xfce ? Well, it's in the CVS !

gardnerj at provide.net gardnerj at provide.net
Thu May 16 15:21:58 CEST 2002

On Thu, 16 May 2002 13:52:59 +0100 (BST)
 Alan Cox <alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
> > 	Oh man!!  I gotta say I was firmly in my "I'm totally
>  against it" mode
>
> I'll second that
>
> > until I saw this screen shot.  That is incredible!  I
>  love it.  Geeze,
> > you guys are going to ruin my standing as Mr. No if you
>  keep this up.
>
> I still think its ugly, but I just don't like task bars
>  on my desktop. As a
> configurable option to drop one into xfce its certainly
>  done tastefully though.

I know I should probably just download it and give it a
 try, but as I've been downloading RH 7.3 for the past
 week+ most of my other downloads have come to a halt (I
 did make an exception for aterm which looked intriguing as
 a light wait transparent term, just more foolishness for
 my desktop). When we say configurable, do we mean as a
 check box in the config menus? SO it can be turned on and
 off as easily as changing fonts or starting the
 sub-process diagnostic? Or do we mean that it can be
 configured in before compilation? I've read this thread
 but this point is a little fuzzy to me.

Cheers,
Jonathan