Who wants a taskbar in xfce ? Well, it's in the CVS !

Collins erichey2 at attbi.com
Wed May 15 14:08:13 CEST 2002

On Wed, 15 May 2002 13:38:18 +0200 Jasper Huijsmans
<j.b.huijsmans at hetnet.nl> wrote:
> At 01:15 PM 5/15/02, you wrote:
> >[ snips ]
> >
> >On 15 May 2002 11:44:13 +0200 Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org>
> >wrote:
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > Yes, you read it in the title : Marcin Staszyszyn has
> > > contributed a taskbar for xfce3. It's now in the CVS.
> > >

> > > Taskbar installation
> > >
> > > ./configure     --prefix=/usr \
> > >                 --datadir=/usr/share \
> > >                 --sysconfdir=/etc/X11 \
> > >                 --enable-xft \
> > >                 --enable-taskbar \
> > >                 --enable-gdm && \
> > > make && \
> > > make install-strip
> > >

> >Would someone please post a simple HOWTO for getting a copy of the
> >CVS code?  I know I could do searches on Google and a lot of RTFM,
> >but there may be others like me who would like to "just do it"
> >without needing to know all the complexities of CVS.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=19869
>
> use xfce-stable for module name

OK, I downloaded the CVS tree to /home/collins/xfce-stable and cd to
that directory.  The ./configure .... install-strip sequence produces
the following error for me.

Lots of successful compiles, then

xfce.c:61: taskbar.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [xfce.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/collins/xfce-stable/xfce'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/collins/xfce-stable'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

What to do?

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area - WWTLRD?
gentoo(since 01/01/01) 2.4.19+(ext3) xfce-sylpheed-mozilla