windows colors after upgrade

Michal Szymanski msz at astrouw.edu.pl
Thu May 2 09:21:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

After upgrading XFCE on my home PC (3.8.12->3.8.16) all the windows
started to open black-on-white, ignoring settings in app-defaults
(e.g. I have green-on-back default for 'xterm').

Playing with the setup, I was able to fix this by unchecking
"Apply colors to all applications" box in Setup->Palette. Fine.

Now I've just upgraded my office PC (3.8.14c->3.8.16) and, to my
surprise, windows stayed in the previously-assigned colors, although
here I also have "Apply colors to all applications" box checked.
This holds both for "session-remembered" windows (no explicit color
settings in xfwm-session!) and newly opened 'xfterm' windows.

Any idea what can make this difference?

regards, Michal

--
  Michal Szymanski (msz at astrouw.edu.pl)
  Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND